The Danish food and bio-resource cluster must be globally competitive and recognised as a world leader in innovation and sustainable development of the entire value chain.
In continuation of this vision, Food & Bio Cluster Denmark sets the following strategic benchmarks:
- To deliver sustainable, healthier and safer food to a growing world population.
- To ensure a sustainable green transition of the cluster towards climate neutrality.
- To fully exploit the opportunities of technology development within e.g. biotech, digitalisation and automation.
We will achieve the vision by creating a world-class cluster organisation, working purposefully and in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders:
- Strengthening innovation and transformation based on the challenges of new and established companies and through close cooperation with knowledge institutions, authorities and investors.
We will increase the frequency and quality of innovation for the cluster's companies. It is important to think in a broad range of innovation forms. Innovation of products, business models, partnerships, marketing and user-driven innovation. This also includes targeting companies with limited innovation activity and experience.
- Accelerating business development
We want to strengthen the competitiveness of companies. This means developing companies' business models and market potential, supporting export opportunities through new knowledge, strengthening interaction between SMEs and larger companies, etc.
- Strengthens the start-up of new companies
We will contribute significantly to the creation and growth of new companies. This is an important source of job creation and growth - and of renewed innovation in the cluster. Therefore, the cluster organisation will stimulate, qualify and accelerate new start-ups.
- Developing world-class skills
We will ensure that companies are aware of relevant skills development offers and at the same time engage in dialogue with skills development providers to help develop new offers that match companies' needs and challenges. Furthermore, we will contribute to the visibility and attractiveness of the cluster's companies for employees with the right skills.
- Supporting the internationalisation of companies
Danish strengths in food and bio-resources are globally recognised, and are e.g. supported by internationally excellent knowledge environments and a unique advisory system. Therefore, FBC's activities and focus must also be driven by a global focus on using this knowledge and position to pave the way for Danish companies, on capturing international knowledge that can strengthen the cluster and on creating and leading international partnerships and alliances.